Mind the Gap 

Ok.  I have just done something that I find quite scary in order to complete this task!!!!  Let me set the scene for you....

Since moving to Doncaster, my son started a new nursery.  And every day on the way to his nursery I walk (or cycle) past a care home for elderly people.  It seems like such a lovely home, as it backs on to the local park.  Every time I go past it I get this urge to do something for the staff and residents there, but I just don't know what.

At Christmas I thought I should drop some chocolates in for the staff, but then I thought they probably get lots of attention at that time.  So I didn't do it.  I always have a reason not to do it.  So today, I looked up their email address and sent off an email to ask what they need help with.  I said that perhaps it could be a gift for the staff, or perhaps I could use my art and craft skills with the residents.  Whatever it is they need, I have asked to help.

So there you have it - my first step to connecting more with local people who are from a different generation to me.  It will be amazing to share in their wisdom and experiences so I am really looking forward to their reply.