Ok so I confess, I have skipped a few letters in my A to Z challenge, but I have just had a sickness bug and being pregnant with a toddler in tow isn't exactly the most conducive atmosphere for blog writing!  But today I am back on track, bringing you more reflections from my life.

I am sure you have heard it said many times before "whatever doesn't kill you just makes you stronger" and similar phrases.  I know I hold to the view that life happens and it's your reaction to it that defines who you are.  We are all likely to experience good and bad times, but do we lie down and take it or do we stand up and fight?  The bible gives us a great verse to motivate us through tough times in Ephesians:


The full verse says this:

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

You see it doesn't even say that we need to fight - the bible says that we just need to be ready to STAND.  That if we can use everything we have readily available in Christ Jesus, The Father and The Holy Spirit, that we will be able to STAND firm through whatever life throws at us and that is all that matters.  STANDING doesn't mean you are a failure, STANDING means you are holding firm to the truth you have in God in the face of everything else and waiting for it to pass, ready to make the next move.    

So this week I was tempted to give in this blogging challenge, and possibly even my blog all together, but I am going to choose to STAND and once the storm has passed I will continue forward.  If it gets tough to write again then I will just STAND until I am ready to move forward again.  I am sure some of you have even bigger storms over you or ahead than I do, so may I take this chance to encourage you to STAND FIRM and not give up.