This time of year is one of preparation for Christmas.  Each of us has to decide what we will teach/tell our kids about Santa, how many presents we will buy, what other treats or customs we might start or carry on.  It is both exciting and terrifying, as I know for me I want to make Christmas magical but not lose the true meaning of Christmas.  Neither do I want to spend hours queuing with my two year old for him to see Santa to then have home scream and hate it!  So when I was given the opportunity to attend "tea with Santa" at our local Wyevale Garden Centre I jumped at it!

New post on the blog about our planned trip to have tea with Santa! Link in bio

A photo posted by Rachel Ridler (@ace_rach) on


The event will be smaller than normal Santa grottos and more relaxed.  We are going to arrive at 3pm, enjoy a nice meal and activities to keep my two year old busy and entertained until Santa arrives to meet them all.  So I am super excited, as this I'll be the first year my two year old will meet Santa properly, and I think he actually understands it this year.  

I will be writing up and sharing some great photos of the fun we have afterwards, but in the meantime if you want to know more then visit the two links below:

Breakfast with Santa - fellow blogger Michelle's review of their breakfast with Santa in 2013.

Online booking page - the Wyevale Garden Centre page with further details on breakfast and tea with Santa experiences including online booking page.  Prices range from £3.99 for adults to £9.99 for children.  We are visiting Carr vale garden centre near Wakefield, but there are venues across the UK. 

Disclosure: I am being treated to free entry to the tea with Santa experience in exchange for writing about it on my blog, but all opinions are my own.


 Toddler Approved Tuesday