Mummy Meditation - Week Seven (pssst if you missed last weeks the link is here)

This week I went on a camping holiday with my lovely little family.  It was fun and family all rolled into one (along with frustrating and tiring!) and so to help me with my meditation I thought I would choose a connected verse to bring me a bit of inspiration whilst under canvas!

"Enlarge the place of your tent,
stretch your tent curtains wide,
do not hold back;
lengthen your cords,
strengthen your stakes."  Isaiah 54:2

This was quite a direct prophesy to the Israelite's as they prepared to return to the promised land after being exiled, but after pondering it I think it does hold value for us today.  In essence it is a verse all about PREPARATION.  I think the tent can be likened to our relationship with God.  In the same way that the Israelites physically and mentally had to prepare to re-enter the promised land and all the challenges (from other nations) and destruction (including of their temple and cities that needed rebuilding) that they would face, we too need to prepare for what the future holds.  We often prepare physically and financially for what lies ahead of us, maybe we even prepare emotionally, but do we properly prepare spiritually?

I do not know what the future holds but I am sure there will be grief and suffering in some forms - that is why it is so important that I invest now in my spiritual health and relationship with God.  Here are a few things that I have taken from this verse:


What did you think of this verse?  Do share your ponderings below.

NEXT WEEK:

'Why spend your money on what is not bread and your labour on what does not satisfy?  Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.'  Isaiah 55:2


Labels: , ,