Episode 1

Why can human life always be devalued to just an amount of money? 

Animals are irreplaceable, habitats can't be destroyed as it would have lasting damage, but human communities are worthless and can easily be recreated elsewhere.  Well that's according to HS2 and our government. 

Our fragile, fledgling community on our brand new estate is worth nothing more than "market value of your house + 10% compensation and reasonable moving costs".  No value is placed on the relationships built with neighbours or the future needs that will be met through others.  No value is placed on the unique setting in which our homes were built and chosen by us - steps right down onto the canal tow path for early evening walks and a play park in the centre of the estate for children to use.  Nope.  All that can be demolished as long as we have monetary compensation.

I am so glad that my God and Father sees me as more than that. 

"Look at the birds of the air;  they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26

I am much more valuable than an animal and I am much more valuable than the price tag put on my and my family's head by HS2 - I am a child of the living God!

Labels: , ,