"Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labour:
If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up."  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Welcome to an exciting Mummy Meditations post!  If you missed last week, all about clinging, then do catch it here.  

Well, I have been very vague about an announcement and I can now reveal that I have been working with fellow Christian Blogger, Naomi Lynas from Life by Naomi, to bring Mummy Meditations to even more people.  Naomi loved the idea of focusing on a verse a week and saw how much I have been struggling to keep my idea going lately, so suggested that we carry on Mummy Meditations together.

This really is a perfect example of this week's verse - two are better than one.  I love how the Christian community is right there ready to help when I am struggling and to pick me up when I fall down.  And yes, I am big enough to say that at the moment I am struggling - emotionally I am struggling to know how to deal with the potential loss of my house and how to carry the emotion of my neighbours' with me too.  And when one part of your health is out of whack it starts to affect the rest of you.  Physically I am exhausted from everything I am doing for the community, at work and whilst parenting two small children. Spiritually I am trying to cling on to my Father and trust that the will of God will be worked out through all of this.  And mentally I am just trying to figure out how on earth there are enough hours in the day to complete every task on my to-do list!

So when Naomi approached me I was so happy that I wouldn't have to give up doing my Mummy Meditation posts (which I love!) but that we could share the load.  I have been thinking a lot about the value of this verse, and the real value of living in Christian community in your local church (and online - there are some amazing online Christian communities).  It can be such a blessing.  So if you think that you can go it alone and still stay close to God, then I want to challenge you on that - here it clearly says that two are better than one (and if you can find a third then even better!), with such practical examples of why. Why do we think that this is less important spiritually??

NEXT WEEK

So to usher in a new and exciting era for Mummy Meditations we will be starting a new theme.  Each month we will be looking in more depth at one of the parts of the fruit of the Spirit as referred to in Galatians 5:22-23:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

So for the whole of November we will be taking a closer look at love.  Me and Naomi will be alternating each week as to who writes up their thoughts on the verse (but I'm sure we will both be commenting with what we have gotten out of the week's meditations!), and we will be sharing the posts with all of our readers and followers each week so don't worry, you won't miss any!

For the first week, Naomi will be writing up her thoughts on the following verse, so I hope you will join with me and Naomi in pondering this this week:

"Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you."  Psalm 63:3

Labels: ,