Christmas Eve boxes are all the rage at the moment - another thing to spend money on to make sure Christmas is magical for your kids.  And I do get it - it is all about anticipation and planning fun things that your kids will remember.  But sometimes all these "Christmas traditions" just add to the expense of this time of year.

This is the first year I am going to make up a Christmas Eve box, partly because my son is old enough to understand it now but also partly just to give him something to do on Christmas Eve when we arrive at the grandparents super excited!!  But I am not going to order one online or spend lots of money on it.  I am going to put in free or cheap things that we would probably have done/used on Christmas Eve in previous years anyway but it just keeps it all nicely together.  

Here is my contents list:



I am going to put all of these things in a cardboard box that I got some of my online shopping delivered in wrapped in wrapping paper and there you have it!  A pretty much free Christmas Eve box.  Here is the photo so far:

  

Do let me know any other free or cheap ideas you have for your own boxes by commenting below.

Labels: ,